Sunday, 23 February 2014

Independent Learning Log 4

T1W7
23/2/14
4.30pm

Source:
http://www.englishclub.com/grammar/verbs-voice.htm

What I did:
I read up on 'active' and 'passive' voice.

What I learnt: 
Active voice is used frequently. In the active voice, the object receives the action of the verb (eg. Cats eat fish.).

Passive voice is used less often. In passive voice, the subject receives the action of the verb (eg. Fish are eaten by cats.)

Structure of passive voice:
subject + auxiliary verb (be) + main verb (past participle)
The main verb is always in its past participle form.

Usage of passive voice:
-Make the active object more important
-Do not know the active subject

I took a quiz to check my understanding and my results are shown in the picture attached.


No comments:

Post a Comment