Sunday, 12 January 2014

Issac's Independent Learning Log T1W2

T1W8
10:30am - 11.00am
12/1/14

Source:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-25680016

What I did:
I read up on the article about the World's first insurance for Bitcoins as it is in the area of Science & Technology. I wanted to improve my vocabulary.

What I learned:
These are the words that I came across:
Cryptographic - Adjective for writing or solving codes
Quorum - The minimum number of members of an assembly or society that must be present at any of its meetings to make the proceedings of that meeting valid.
Illicit - forbidden by law, rules, or custom.
Proviso - A condition attached to an agreement.
Incentive - A thing that encourages or motivates someone to do something.

I also learnt that using uncommon words can sometimes be more expressive than using common ones.

1 comment:

  1. Good Work. Amazing! There is very detailed "what I learned". However, I would like to give a suggestion: add in some pictures of the news article.

    ReplyDelete