Sunday, 12 January 2014

Independent Learning Log 2

Date: 11/1/14




What I did:  
I decided to read up on some recent news on the topics I am interested in. I went to bleacher report and read up on this article about whether Arsenal Football Club, the club I support, would be buying any new players during the January Transfer Window. I decided that I wanted to do a summary of the ninth paragraph to twelfth paragraph of the article. I also want to learn some new words in the article.

 
What I learned: 

Words I do not understand:
imminent - liable to happen soon
bullish - cheerful and optimistic
reiterate - to say or do again or repeatedly 


Summary:
Recently there has been many injuries in the club, most of them with happening to the Wingers, a position Arsenal are particularly well-stocked in. As things stand, Arsenal have just two fit senior centre-backs and a fit centre-forward. When compared with the rich depth of the squads available at title rivals Manchester City and Chelsea, the Gunners' options look worryingly thin. If Wenger plans to head in to the second half of the season without strengthening his squad, he will be forced to rely on luck that none of the players get injured on the pitch. Arsenal's chances of lifting their first title in 10 years would no longer be in the hands of the Gunners but instead in the lap of the Gods. Given the prize at stake, that would be quite the gamble.

1 comment:

  1. Firstly, I would to say that you have done a wonderful job on your independent learning log.

    Secondly, I would say that your summary is written well but I counted the words you had in a summary and it was about 138 words. I felt that a summary should be kept short as possible about 80 to 100 words and should have at least 8 points and I counted only about 6 points.

    Finally, I would like to once again to compliment on your summary as the topic was interesting but I felt that the summary should be improved such as keeping to the word limit and the number of points.

    Done by:
    Kenneth He, S302 2014

    ReplyDelete