Tuesday, 7 January 2014

Independent Learning Log

Date: 7th January 2014
Source: Merriam Webster (2014, 7 January). Vocabulary Quiz. Retrieved from http://www.merriam-webster.com/quiz/index.htm

What I did
I did an online vocabulary test to practice my vocabulary and see my level of skills and standards in english vocabulary. 

What I learned
I have learned that my vocabulary is not very impressive, my range of vocabulary is thus limited. From this, I learned that I would really need to improve on my english vocabulary skills so that it would be proficient. Firstly, I think I would do more of these vocabulary practises and if I have gotten them wrong, I would go to the dictionary and look up for the definition and an example of using the word in a sentence. I think this would be a good practice as it would really help in my  writing as I would be able to apply fantastic words such as the ones I learn from the online vocabulary quizzes to boost the vocabulary section of the essay writing and it would certainly make my essay much more interesting and lively. 





















1 comment:

  1. Great that you have emphasize on how you are going to improve your vocab, my suggestion is that you can give examples of the words you learn like how they are used in sentences

    ReplyDelete