Sunday, 12 January 2014

Independent Learning Log T1W2

T1W1
12/1/14

Source:
http://edition.cnn.com/2014/01/09/world/asia/china-smoking-ban/index.html?hpt=hp_bn7

What I did:
I decided to read up on some recent news which talks about wanting to ban indoor public smoking. 

What I learnt:

Word I do not understand:
epidemic- plague, widespread occurrence of an infectious disease in a community at a particular time. 

Summary:
China, the world's largest tobacco consumer is aiming to ban indoor smoking by the end of this year. If the use of tobacco is not reduced, the deaths will be increase by 3 million by 2050.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I didn't know that "If the use of tobacco is not reduced, the deaths will be increase by 3 million by 2050." ! That's, about 1/2 the population of singapore! Keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete