Wednesday, 8 January 2014

Independent Learning Log (Term 1 Week 1)

Source: To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee

What I did:
I read the book to improve on my general knowledge and writing/reading skills.

What I learned:

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view . . . until you climb into his skin and walk around in it." ~Atticus to Scout, Chapter 3

I feel that this piece of advice which Atticus gave to Scout helped shape her character for the rest of the book. It helps to portray the innocence of her character as she struggles to follow his words, and lightening the ending considerably (despite the rather dark plot).

I learnt that using words like these can help further develop characters, and will try to apply this technique the next time I write.

~Sa (Brandi Lai)

1 comment:

  1. Interesting advice that you have found in the book. It would be better if you had more of such to describe

    ReplyDelete