Tuesday, 7 January 2014

Independent Learning Log

T1W1 7/1/14 8.30pm

Sources:
http://www.merriam-webster.com/quiz/index.htm

What I did:
I did a vocabulary quiz consisting of ten questions of different difficulties to practice on my vocabulary and to know where I stand.

What I learned:
I learned that my vocabulary is not very good as I only know the basic words to describe things. I will try to improve on my vocabulary as having a good variety of words will be helpful as using the same words repeatedly sounds boring in compositions. I will try to improve on my vocabulary by reading more and taking note of newer words that I do not know.

Words that I learnt from the quiz are:
Homogenous - Uniform
Gormandize - Overeat
Heterogeneous - Lush
Nuance - Variation
Heinous - Evil
Obtuse - Insensitive



1 comment:

  1. Good job! You have interesting reflections and your vocabulary seems to be sound. I've learnt a lot of words.

    ReplyDelete