Wednesday, 8 January 2014

Independent Learning Log

Source:
http://www.merriam-webster.com/quiz/index.htm

What I did:
I took a vocabulary quiz to improve on my vocabulary.

What I learnt:
I learnt new words from the vocabulary quiz such as:
1. Enumerate
2. Incredulous
3. Incongruous
4. Obdurate

There are 10 questions in this quiz and only 10s is given to answer each question. If we get the question wrong, the correct answer would be given and this would help to expand my vocabulary as I am able to use more variety of words such as 'obdurate' as another word for 'stubborn'. Through this activity, I have also realised that I have a lot to work on my vocabulary in order to excel in the English language. Expanding my vocabulary would help me to write better essays as well as improve on my oral speaking skills.


No comments:

Post a Comment