Sunday, 12 January 2014

Cassandra's T1W2 Independent Learning Log

T1W1
11/ 01/14

Source:
http://www.englishforeveryone.org/PDFs/Level_12_Passage_1.pdf

What I did:
Since I enjoy reading very much, I decided that I should go read short passages to improve my vocabulary. I went to the site mentioned above and read through some of the stories such as "Tracks" and "Dreams".

What I Learned:
I learnt many new words that can be added to my vocabulary. Through this exercise, I learnt some comprehension and writing skills as well.

Assiduous- showing great care and perseverance
Onomatopeia- the creation of words that imitate natural sounds
Assuage- make (an unpleasant feeling) less intense
Grandiloquence- a lofty, extravagantly colorful, pompous, or bombastic style, manner, or quality especially in language
Garrulous- excessively talkative, esp. on trivial matters

Although I probably may not be able to use these words, I find it helpful to know some vocabulary that are unusual.


1 comment:

  1. You probably won't be able to use these words in real life, why don't you try making sentences with them so that you won't forget them easily? ^^ That's what I normally do~

    (oh, and nice website, I think I'll use it for comprehension practice)

    ReplyDelete