Monday, 13 January 2014

Independent Learning Log 2 T1W2

T1W2
13/1/14

Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/learningenglish/general/englishatwork/

What I did: I listened to episodes 1 to 8.

What I learned: I learnt that good English and proper phrases (and ideas) used at the right time, with the right tone and the right manner would be able to help us in some situations, to get out of misunderstandings, to calm down people and to not anger people in busy times.

I learnt these phrases:

A good example that comes to mind....
I am particularly proud of....
.... is important to me.
Firstly....
Secondly....
Above all....
Can I make a suggestion?
Why don't you try....?
Maybe I could....
How about....
I have an idea!
Hello, I don't think we've met.
Nice to meet you!
I was wondering if you could do something for me....
Would you be able to....
Could I.... please?
Could you possibly....?
Would you mind....?
Is there anything I can do?
Let me help.
Can I give you a hand?
Give me a shot if you need anything.
I'm really sorry to hear that.
That's totally unacceptable.
It must have been very inconvenient for you.
You have my word that....
And we could....
I promise you, it won't happen again.
Well done.
You were in a difficult situation and you handled it well.
Great job. I'm really impressed.




1 comment:

  1. Like what you said, using proper phrases at the right time, tone and manner can help someone a lot. However it seems that you do not know when to use which, only what it is. Could you please look up which phrase is best to use in which situation.

    ReplyDelete