Saturday, 18 January 2014

Cassandra's T1W3 Independent Learning Log

Source: http://sourcefed.com/

What I did:
 I read through articles and watched videos about what was happening in the world.

What I learned:
I have found different things that normally would not be found in the newspapers or regular news sites. I learned that there are giant baby panda twins which were the first pair to survive being born in the US. Another article was about the nocebo effect, where people think they are affected by something not real.

Summary:

There were many more articles that I had read, such as how a child had develop a "sandless" bag to prevent flooding, why Russia arrests homosexual olympic athletes or how US spent over half a million to get likes on their facebook post. I found these articles to be very interesting as they are unusual and they keep me up to date with what is happening in the world. I can use these new pieces of knowledge to start a conversation or even help with my studies and work.

No comments:

Post a Comment