Tuesday, 21 January 2014

Independant Learning Log (3)

T1W3
20 January 2014


Source: http://sg.news.yahoo.com/singapore-police-seek-more-power-to-enforce-public-order-in-little-india-074342356.html

What I did: I went to search for an article and chanced upon this article regarding Singapore's Police Force attempting to gain more power over Little India, especially after the riots.




What I learnt: I have learned that the Little India riots that happened on the 8th of December have resulted in many inconveniences for the Singapore Police Force. Also, it has led them to have a tighter grip around Little India and to pay more special attention to it. The government has taken action and has proposed a temporary law specially for Little India regarding liquor sales. This tells me that rioting will only lead to more complications and disturbances in a country.

No comments:

Post a Comment