Wednesday, 8 January 2014

Bennett's Independent Learning Log

Date: 8 January

Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/apps/ifl/worldservice/quiznet/quizengine?quiz=1512_winter

What I did: I went to the website and took the quiz so that I could improve on my vocabulary.

What I learned:
New Words/ Phrases learnt.

Winter : 'Winter' is usually used as a noun but it can also (as here) be used as a verb to mean 'live somewhere warm during the winter months'. Birds, as well as people, can 'winter.'

Out of the cold : No one is being friendly to him.

Summary :
I have learnt that my Vocabulary still needs improvement and it is not strong enough. I will try my best to improve on my weakness by picking out words that are unknown and find out what is the meaning to improve on my vocabulary.


1 comment:

  1. Good effort finding this word. I could not have guessed that this word has a different meaning

    ReplyDelete